Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Over the Past Six Months Post 1 [We Moved]

One of the bigger events over the past six months is that we moved. We traded our wonderful high rise apartment in Uptown for something a bit more practical just up the tollway in Addison. I love our new apartment. It is perfect for our little family and I love the LOCATION! It is so close to so many stores and restaurants. Church is a bit further these days, but I don't mind.

Moving is not something that I enjoy. I despise it. When we moved from Salt Lake to Dallas I was pregnant and living in Salt Lake by myself. So, we recruited many wonderful friends to help pack up our townhouse and move our things into storage, and then we utilized a moving company to get everything from Utah to Texas. I so appreciated all of the help from our friends and family, I really could not have done it without them, and the moving company was worth every penny...every nickel...every dime...every dollar!

This time was not nearly as simple. I moved most of the small stuff myself in my Explorer with Evan's help. He was such a trooper. He made every trip in and out to load and unload with me, helping to push the hand cart. He really could not have been better.


I wish that I would have taken more pictures of the moving process, but I was so focused on getting it done. I took this picture on our last load of small stuff. Evan was in a cave of boxes. I think he knew that he would be rewarded with Chick-Fil-A and the end of every day if he would just hang in there.

After we got all the small stuff moved, with the exception of necessities, we moved all the big stuff and the necessities in one day. Kyle loaded all the furniture, mostly by himself, in a Uhaul in the middle of the night, after work, and the next day we drove it to the new apartment. I have to give a huge shout out to my other half. He was AMAZING during the move. He was dealing with so much at work, had a partner breathing down his neck, and he still got us moved and situated. He went something like 60 hours with no sleep. I don't know about y'all but I would collapse and be unable to function if I tried to do something like that. My husband is my own personal version of Clark Kent. When he needs to he changes into Superman! Thanks babe for all you do. :)

I will post some pics of our new place. I finally feel like we are settled into the new place. Pictures are finally making their way to the wall. I love my home, I love my family and I thank God every day with blessing me with so many wonderful people and things!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, babe! You were quite the trooper yourself. I would gladly do it all again if I had to. I don't have to, do I?

    ReplyDelete