Sunday, February 20, 2011

Salt Lake City - Saturday, February 12 (Brighton Ski Resort)





On Saturday, my wonderful dad took my brother, Evan and I to breakfast at one of my favorite spots, Midvale Mining. They have the best .... well, everything. After breakfast, my dad, Evan and I drove up to Brighton Ski Resort so Evan could see "real" snow. At first he wasn't quite sure, but the longer we took pictures, he grew to like it. This made my husband very happy! We can't have a warm weather child when his parents hail from the likes of Montana and Utah. I had a blast taking Evan up to the resort. I cannot tell you the number of times my family made the drive up the canyon for various photo ops. It is a tradition. Plus, it gave me some extra time with my dad, let's face it, I miss him A LOT...almost as much as my brother!

We had a wonderful time in Utah. It is always hard to leave and come back, but we missed Kyle and, for now, Texas is home. Saturday evening, Tim and Sarah had a get together to celebrate Tim's success, Sunday one of my good friends did my hair and Kyle's folks watched Evan, and then that afternoon Evan and I hung out at the Witherspoon's. The trip flew by, but I guess that happens when you are having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment