Sunday, January 23, 2011

If Jesus Came Back in 2011, What Would You Change About Your Life?


This question, or something similar to it, was posed by our Sunday School Teacher, Reed Ashwill today. We were discussing Christ's return as set forth in 1 Thessalonians. We discussed this question with the others at our table. My first thought was I would just be nicer and love on my munchkin and hubby as much as possible. But, that seemed a little Pollyanna to me, and not quite up to God's expectations. Then the answer that I didn't want to accept came forward. I would be more confrontational...or maybe evangelical is the more appropriate word. I think I would put aside what others may think of me, and just come out and share the gospel and what it means to me and what it COULD mean to them.

After Sunday School I went to service, where Dr. Jeffress preached about putting on the Spiritual Armor of God. This Sunday he specifically discussed Ephesians 6:15, "Putting on Your Soul Soles." During his sermon he said, "the right spiritual boots are a Christian's ability and willingness to share the gospel with other people."

This statement hit home with me as only moments ago, I discussed that if I knew Jesus was returning this year, I would be more evangelical, and then my pastor is teaching me about putting on my "soul soles" and that part of my unique purpose given to me by God is to share his word.

It was a good Sunday for me. One not filled with some of the same old stuff I have heard for years, but good food for thought...convicting food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment