Monday, January 24, 2011

Play Date



I didn't actually take an photos of the kids playing, but I did get a before and after shot of the play area.

Today we had a couple of Evan's friends over to play. Unfortunately, some friends couldn't make it, but we will catch them next time.

I moved the new play mat to the middle of the floor and hauled out ALL of Evan's toys. Normally I rotate his toys in and out of the main room. This way, as he grows tired of the toys currently on display he thinks he received a whole slew of new toys...a modified version of out with the old, in with the new...er...almost new. It seems to work, and it keeps the chaos to a minimum. But today, it looked like a toy store exploded in the main room of our apartment.

We had a great time. The kids played, though I think they were more interested in some of the non toy items than the actual toys. Larson found is entertainment in hauling around 2 liter bottles of soda, what cheap entertainment. Though, as moms we know that the minute Larson's mama hands him 2 liters in their home the fascination will subside and it will be back to trying to figure out what toy will provide at least 5 minutes of entertainment so that she can do things like...I don't know...go to the bathroom by herself. Seriously, I really don't think I realized during my pregnancy and at the outset of deciding to have a child that I would be giving up some everyday privacy. Sorry, I digress.

Like I said, no actual pictures of the kids. But the top photograph is before and the bottom is after.

No comments:

Post a Comment