Sunday, January 30, 2011

Walk, Walk, Walk...Walk and Never Stop!



Evan started walking on his birthday (for those of you who have the misfortune of not knowing his birthday it is December 31, 2009). Therefore, he has been walking for about four weeks. I swear, it feels like he has not stopped walking since. I think he would walk in his sleep if it would allow for adequate rest. The upside is he can walk, the downside is he can walk. I find it wonderfully helpful that he can walk from the elevator to the apartment door, negating the need for the stroller on quick outings. But now that he knows that he can make such a trip, the minute he hears my keys rattle, he runs to the front door, even if we are not leaving...which then requires a great distraction. And in the middle of being carried he will decide he needs down. It is a good thing I have been working out my biceps because it takes great restraint to keep this kid from getting down. I am thrilled he is walking. I love this bit of independence from which I benefit...and after careful analysis for the sole purpose of this blog....the pros of the walking definitely outweigh any cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment