Monday, January 24, 2011

Milk...It Does a Body Good



When Evan turned one, we transitioned him to cow's milk. He is pretty easy going about things. There wasn't so much as a hiccup when we transitioned from breast milk to formula, but the transition was not such a smooth one from formula to cow's milk.

It began with adding an ounce of milk to 3 ounces of formula and 2 ounces to 8 ounces of formula, and then slowly increasing the amount of milk until we removed the formula completely. Then Evan decided that milk was just too cold. Most of his bottles were at least room temperature or warmer. So we decided to microwave the milk for a bit to get it just warm enough and slowly decreasing the amount of time so that he would acclimate to a cold drink....maybe he is harboring some British tendencies, which I normally think to be awesome, however, the child must learn to consume his drinks cold.

Now, after compounding milk and formula, warming and semi warming, the child has decided the a nice cup of cold milk is the way to go. Thank you Lord!

I must also add that during this same time we transitioned off of bottles to sippy cups which made it all the more interesting. We are down to no bottles during the day - and I must give myself a pat on the back here because I have my share of moments where I wanted to cave - and just one bottle to put him to bed at night. I am not quite ready to tackle the night time bottle. Don't worry, I am sure you will hear about it when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment